This day in age, choosing a certificate degree within the medical field can be more lucrative and a faster career path than pursuing an Associates or Bachelor’s degree, or higher. While there is plenty of hype around medical coding and billing certificates, few tend to mention the benefits of the pharmacy technician program. This program can be a bit more intensive, but is worth it when you consider these seven benefits.
- Job Stability: Nearly every year there are new medical disorders which require some type of pharmaceutical drug. Pharmacy technician is considered one of the most stable jobs in the United States. In fact, the demands for individuals with this certificate far exceeds the number of individuals. There’s lots more pharmacy technician guides here.
- Career path: With a pharmacy technician certificate you will be able to pursue multiple career paths. One of the benefits of the certificate is that hospitals are more willing to pay for additional education to help you further your career. This means that you have the ability to pursue other positions within the medical field a little to no cost to you.
- Jobs everywhere: This particular career can be beneficial for someone who might travel a lot. For example, if you are married to someone in the military which forces you to move every few years, then this is the type of job you can find anywhere.
- Reasonable salary: With any job, the one thing that you want to know is that your degree will get you a reasonable salary. Pharmacy technician salary can vary depending on where you live, but the average is between $30,000 and $40.000.
- Stay up to date on medicine: The medical world is always changing. From the latest in pharmaceuticals to treat the most common diseases to new research that has the ability to change lives, you will be at the forefront of it all. Working within the medical community means that your first access to the latest information and how it could impact the lives of others.
- Stay up to date on technology: It is no secret that the medical community has some of the best technology available today. Technological developments continue to grow by leaps and bounds each and every year. While working within the pharmacy technician role you will be able to see firsthand the types of differences of modern technology can make in the medical world.
- Helping others: If you’re looking for a job that makes you feel good and reported that the end of every day than pharmacy technician is for you. The role of a pharmacy tech goes beyond simply counting out pills and turning them over to patients. Pharmacy technicians are responsible for consulting with patients on their medical questions, assisting with basic health services such as blood pressure readings, and even serving flu shots during the winter months. Additionally, as a pharmacy tech you will have the opportunity to work with in your community to educate them on care for children and the elderly, as well as options for low cost prescriptions that might be in effect.